Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Monday, October 21, 2013

Patagonia Micro D 1/4 Zip Synchilla


Micro D 1/4 Zip Synchilla over lycra in the boot track on DC, Rainier.
Perfect combo.



The last half dozen times I've gone skiing I took a Micro D along  and used it...June, July and now again on Oct.



I continue to be so impressed by this piece of clothing that I wanted to write about it again.  From 11K on Rainier to a cold day on the beach.  Or just around the house on a cool Fall morning.  The Micro D delivers.

It is pretty wind proof.  More than one would ever think.  Extremely warm for the weight and super light weight.     226g or 8 oz. in my size medium.  They run big and they are super stretchy.  I'd guess it is almost as warm as my full weight Dachstein wool sweater.  My own replacement for a "guide" sweater.   Just a small percentage of the weight and bulk and the vast majority of the warmth and protection.  Which is saying a lot.  I own two.  Not sure how one would wear it out with even minimal care.  Best $60 I have spent for useful gear in a long while.


Previous thoughts and soem additional details here:
http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2013/04/patagonia-micro-d-14-zip-synchilla.html

No comments: